About Indiana Sign & Barricade (ISB)
Established in 2007, ISB is a laborers union signatory company that sells, rents, and installs road-safety related products and services, primarily within the central and southern Indiana Highway Construction Industry. ISB provides 24-hour traffic control systems, road-sign installation, pavement markings, grooving and grinding for striping. We offer a variety of purchase and rental options for productions, such as arrow boards, barricade, cones, drums, jersey barrier wall, message boards and portable traffic signal.
Flaggers are responsible for work zone safety by providing temporary traffic control. Individuals will safely maintain the flow of traffic through work zones and communicate with the public any deviation from the normal traffic pattern using Stop/Slow paddle and accurate hand gestures, reporting disobedient drivers to Supervision and answering questions that the motoring public as well as contractors may have in regards to the work zone setup. Flaggers should also be able to direct emergency vehicles safely through construction zones as required. Flaggers are responsible for the proper setup/pickup of equipment.
Pay & Benefits
Union scale for all site hours, other pay rates vary by task and experience (starting at $12/hr.) weekly overtime pay available during the season, labor union benefits including: health, dental, vision, disability, pension and life insurance. Company provides 401K with match, vacation and holiday pay. Additionally, ISB provides required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), uniforms, tools and materials required to successfully complete daily tasks.
- Ability to understand and apply safe traffic control practices, sometimes in stressful or emergency situations.
- Ability to receive and communicate specific instructions clearly, firmly, and courteously.
- Ability to control signaling devices in order to provide clear and positive guidance to drivers approaching a TTC zone in frequently changing situations.
- Ability to recognize dangerous traffic situations and warn workers in sufficient time to avoid injury.
- Ability to move and maneuver quickly in order to avoid danger from errant vehicles.
- Operate company trucks to transport materials and equipment to and from the jobsite and on the jobsite.
- Shop work which may include loading and repair of equipment.
- Use provided equipment to setup a proper Work Zone (per MUTCD).
- Assist Supervision with accident/incident investigations.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift and move a minimum of 51 pounds
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Ability to work in harsh weather conditions
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional observation skills
- Effective communication skills
- A valid Driver’s License is required, and must be maintained, to operate company trucks.
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to pass background check including driving.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test and meet federal DOT requirements.
- Must be willing to travel throughout the state as projects require with occasional overnight stay.
- Must be able to work nights/weekends as the project schedule demands
- Must be able to be on a rotating on call schedule
- This is an outdoor position and you will work in all weather conditions
Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Basic reading/writing ability to comply with road signs, complete paperwork and communicate with customers, owners and the motoring public is required.
- Previous experience in traffic control set up is a plus. Certification (from ATSSA) as Traffic Control Technician or Supervisor is preferred. ISB aids with obtaining ATSSA certifications.
Indiana Sign & Barricade is an equal opportunity employer. Indiana Sign & Barricade does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.